Babe was white at the time he was built in 1937/38 on the hill across from the Lookout Inn. The legend was that a white cow on a hill signified good luck. In 1950, new owners bought the hill and Babe was painted blue. Paul was built in 1953. In 2006, Paul and Babe were moved to their present location and were restored in 2007.